Rules of conduct
Punishment of Fines
- Foreign residents must go to receive the Alien Registration Book within 7 days from the date of reception of entry permission or the date of reaching the age of 12 years.
- Foreign residents who had their nationality, name, or surname changed must report the change to the local foreign register officer within 7 days.
- If a foreign resident dies, the landlord must report the death to the registry officer within 24 hours.
- In case of expired Alien Registration Book, the registry officer must be contacted within 7 days from the expiry date.
- The Alien Registration Book must be carried at all times.
- Change of domicile must be reported within 30 days.
- In case of loss or damage of Alien Registration Book , replacement documents must be requested within 7 days.
Duties and Responsibilities of Alien Registration Section Sub-Division 1; Immigration Division 1
- Failure to comply with Rules No.1, 4 the fine is up to 500.- Baht
- Failure to comply with Rules No.2,3 , 5-7 the fine is up to 1,000.- Baht
- Setting guidelines and respond to consultations concerning the conduct of the Alien Registration.
- Affairs concerning the copying of counterfoils of Alien Registration Book. Organizing foreigner registers throughout the Kingdom
- Other duties as assigned by the law, internal regulations, rules or orders of the commander-in-chief. Characteristics of Alien Registration Section. Formerly the Alien Registration was a Sub-Division under the immigration division. With the reorganization of the administration and the establishment of the Immigration Bureau according to the royal decree 22, 1993, concerning the divisions of the Royal Thai Police Department within the Ministry of the Interior, the Alien Registration was downgraded to a Section in charge of affairs concerning the Alien Registration, including:
- Alterations to all in Registration Book throughout the Kingdom. Consider the issuance of identification documents to foreigners who claim to have resided in the Kingdom previously but for any reason do not have entry evidence, or to foreigners who have entered the Kingdom and have entry evidence but did not receive the identification documents within the period set by the law after having received immigrant status or after having reached the age of 12 years. In these cases the local foreigner registry officer must send in the investigation records for consideration. Keeping and arranging, controlling and processing copies of identification document counterfoils. The duties of Alien Registration correspond to and cover all the duties of the former from the Alien Registration Book.
Immigration Division 1
Chalermprakiat Government Complex, 2nd floor, Building B
120 Moo 3 , Chaengwattana Rd., Soi 7 , Toongsonghong ,
Laksi, Bangkok 10210