Notification of residence of foreigners for businesses
According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, “House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national.” If there is no immigration office in the province or locality of the respective house or hotel, the notification is made to the local police station. In Bangkok the notification is made to the Immigration Bureau. The notification of residence of foreign nationals is made by the manager of licensed hotels according to the hotel act, owners of guesthouses, mansions, apartments and rented houses using the form TM. 30. The notification of residence of foreign nationals within 24 hours can be made in a number of ways to make the notification as convenient as possible:
– In person at the respective office, or
– Through an authorised person at the respective office, or
– By registered mail, or
– Via internet.
Filling in the foreign national residence notification form (TM. 30)
Please fill in all requested information according to the foreign national’s passport, as often arriving passengers do not fill in the correct data on the arrival card. The form can be typed or handwritten in clear block letters. Leave a space between name, middle name, and surname.
– If the passport number is preceded or followed by a letter, fill in the letter too.
– Write the arrival card number (TM. 6) in the respective field. The arrival card is stapled into the passport. Both letters and numbers of the arrival card number must be filled in.
– Arrival date means the date of arrival in Thailand. Date of accommodation must be filled in on the front page of the notification sheet.
After the officer in charge has verified the information on the notification sheet (TM. 30), he accepts the notification and hands over the lower part of the form to the person making the notification. This part must be kept for further checking.
For details contact 0-2141-7881
Registration by businesses via Internet.
Prepare the documents
1. Business licence or signed copy of business registration confirmation
2. Letter of authorisation to conduct the registration via internet
3. Copy of ID card of person giving authorisation and authorised person
4. Fill in the form provided by the officer (download)
5. 1 empty compact disk (CD)
Hand over the complete documents to the officer in charge.
1. The officer examines the documents.
The officer announces the result of the examination.
1. If documents are incomplete, the business owner is notified.
2. If documents are complete, the officer in charge accepts the registration. The registration code is sent to the business by mail or e-mail as indicated by the business owner, together with record forms.